LGN is a community of lean thought leaders and practitioners with the goal of making things better by advancing lean thinking and practice throughout the world. Founded by Jim Womack and Dan Jones in 2007, LGN supports the members in three fundamental ways:
- Share knowledge on lean thinking and practice to develop skills within the community
- Collaborate on joint company projects and events
- Develop new educational materials such as publications and training
Sign up for the LGN Newsletter here.
LGN has working relationships and learning partnerships with individuals and organizations throughout the globe. Partners come from all walks of life and industry, university faculty, researchers, member associations, retired lean practitioners, healthcare organizations, government agencies, and NGOs to name a few examples. We are mission driven and therefore our goals are to help others:
- Provide more fulfilling work and continued personal development
- Enable individuals to realize and create more value
- Minimize resource use and environmental impact
- Improve organizational performance
- Raise living standards for society
As members of the LGN community, we work together to develop and strengthen our lean thinking capabilities to create value for our customers and ensure the success of our organizations.
How do we do it?
- Action research
- Education programs developed by lean thought leaders
- Annual summits and more frequent, smaller/focused events
- Thought leadership and publishing: Planet Lean
- Participation in an annual network-wide meeting and regional team meetings
- Participation in institute site visits
- Internal business practices
- Co-learning partners to observe project and improvement work
- Institute development – annual plan and A3 reflection process with Executive Committee coaches
- Access to LGN thought leaders to speak at events and lead learning sessions
- Participate in multi-institute, Co-Learning Partnerships / Projects
- Discounts at LGN events and on LGN products and services
- Collaborate to develop new methods to engage with our communities
- Lean Transformation Model
- Developing Lean Leaders
- Lean Practitioner Program
Planet Lean is the official online magazine of the Lean Global Network and is an important source of knowledge for lean practitioners across all sectors. The magazine publishes stories of lean transformation and videos from practitioners to better share knowledge on lean thinking and practice. The resources are created by renowned lean thought leaders and are supported by all institutes in the Lean Global network. Learn more at planet-lean.com.