Sam is LGIâ€™s founder. His entrepreneurial spirit and passion for challenge yielded lots of practice to define, implement and refine processes, reduce waste and improve effectiveness.
His Lean aptitude developed quickly when his dad put him to work after school and summers at age 10 in the familyâ€™s furniture manufacturing business. By age 18 he knew every aspect of the value stream and streamlined the operation. After becoming an engineer in USA, he held positions at fortune 500â€™s such as Intel Corp., Hughes Aircraft/Boeing, Honeywell and became a Director of innovation for the National Institute for Standards and Technology (NIST) affiliated MEP network.
In 30 + years, Sam has:
- Moved a traditional aerospace company to single piece flow, paperless production when everyone said it couldnâ€™t be done
- Led 5 major improvement projects simultaneously at Intel, then shared the approach and results across the corporation
- Set up and oversaw the design, construction and operation of a Lean ink production facility in UAE which achievedÂ 20 metric tons production per month by the end of year 1 and began supplying ink to the largest newspaper in the region
- Introduced Lean product design to small and medium businesses across the state of New Mexico
- Obtained the professional designation of Lean Sensei, awarded through the Lean Certification Alliance -SME, AME, ASQ and the Shingo Institute
- Also Went into business for himself in construction
- And Works tirelessly to grow LGI and attract key business partners